Senior Cyber Security Engineer (m/f)
What's great about this opportunity?
- Join GDi team and work with high-profile business clients on challenging projects and technologies
- Give your contribution in identifying cyber security threats and implementing protection measures
- Bring your best practices on board and set high standards for the team
At GDi, our motto is „Creating efficiencies, stimulating growth “. Our industry focused technology solutions and products help to optimize work processes and improve productivity for our clients. Today, the main focus of our products is on intelligent assets, operations and resources, smart data and smart platforms. Our mission is to supply and continually support our long-term and growing customer base with a full set of effective, mission-critical solutions providing value to client’s business processes. GDi is a company for people who truly want to work as a team to make a difference, contribute to their environment, act with social responsibility and achieve personal satisfaction and fulfilment.
We are growing a lot, in terms of our clients and projects as well as our team members. Just last year we welcomed more than 50 new employees, and we plan to continue our growth, which is where you come in!
We are looking for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cyber-attacks and cyber security methodologies.
Senior Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for completing a thorough risk assessment, identifying vulnerabilities within a network, configuring systems and improve internal processes to enhance existing security features. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies and security problems, especially in the IoT ecosystem.
Our opening provides an excellent opportunity for those looking to participate on one of our many innovative projects at high-profile clients in highly competitive industries throughout the world.
As part of our team you will be working on:
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks
- Troubleshooting security and network problems
- Update, sustain and administer a high level of security for in-house, in the cloud and IoT infrastructure
- Participating in the change management process
- Defining and enhancing internal security processes
- Performing assessments and penetration testing
- Architecting and implementing secure systems
- Managing audit/intrusion and security technology systems
- Managing and leading security incident response efforts
- Configuring Windows and Linux host-based security as well as network and cloud-based security systems
- Collaborating with GDi Products and GDi Professional Services department regarding security questions during implementation and integration of GDi Products and services (DevOps Environment)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technology sciences
- 4+ years of proven experience in identifying security threats and developing appropriate protection measures
- Understanding of cyber security methodologies and ability to review system changes for security implications and recommending improvements
- Current knowledge of technology capabilities and trends; types and techniques of hacking attacks
- Knowledge of systems and network administration (AD, TCP/IP, DNS, IIS, LB …) is an advantage
- An enthusiasm for staying up to date with the very latest updates about security threats and solutions
- Working knowledge of at least one of programming (e.g. Java, .NET) and scripting (e.g. Python, PowerShell) languages
- Knowledge of Cloud concepts and technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Proficiency in English language, fluent communication with clients worldwide (telecom companies, system integrators, e-government)
- Professional attitude and relationship with internal and external clients and colleagues
- Previous experience with IoT systems
- Possessing one or more security-related certificates (e.g. ISC2, ISACA, ISO/IEC 27001, SANS, COBIT, CompTIA)
- Experience gained by working in large and global enterprises and teams (especially Telco industry)
- DevOps competences
A few more reasons to apply:
- International and professional business environment and team work
- Opportunity for continuous development and learning through internal seminars, educations and conferences
- Potential to grow within a dynamic team, in a company expanding globally
If you are interested in the position, please send us your CV to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your applications!