Senior IoT Engineer (m/f)
What’s great about this opportunity?
- Join GDi team and work with high-profile business clients on challenging projects and technologies
- Perform research in the field of our own Internet-of-Things innovations with a team of engineers and scientists
- Bring your best practices on board and set high standards for the team
At GDi, our motto is „Creating efficiencies, stimulating growth “. Our industry focused technology solutions and products help to optimize work processes and improve productivity for our clients. Today, the main focus of our products is on intelligent assets, operations and resources, smart data and smart platforms. Our mission is to supply and continually support our long-term and growing customer base with a full set of effective, mission-critical solutions providing value to client’s business processes. GDi is a company for people who truly want to work as a team to make a difference, contribute to their environment, act with social responsibility and achieve personal satisfaction and fulfilment.
We are growing a lot, in terms of our clients and projects as well as our team members. Just last year we welcomed more than 50 new employees, and we plan to continue our growth, which is where you come in!
In this position, you will be in charge of defining and performing testing processes to verify the hardware prototype and test the final device readiness for integration with GDi software solutions. With your own knowledge, you will contribute to the establishment of new processes for technical preparation, implementation and quality control.
In addition to research, you will work with the actual application and implementation of various types of IoT devices on live projects in various industries. You will be cooperating and coordinating with the internal system and network department in the implementation of the IoT system as part of the delivery process and a new method of automatic data exchange.
Your focus will be on the software development and hardware verification and implementation.
As part of our team you will be working on:
- Integration of ICT solutions, with a main focus on IoT solutions
- Testing, measuring, maintaining and optimizing ICT systems
- Research and learning of new IoT solutions and technologies
- Development of software and user applications for IoT systems and various applications
- Cooperation and coordination with the system and network department in the development and implementation of IoT systems
- Development of technical specifications and solutions
- Research for proven IoT solutions and their technical validation
- Preparing content and presenting solutions
- Design and planning of radiocommunication and telecommunication systems
- Participation in the installation and commissioning of ICT systems
- Introduction of new IoT solutions and technologies
- Preparation of technical documentation, conceptual solutions, documentation of the current condition and feasibility studies
- Elaboration of proposed new products within high professional standards
- Consultations with equipment and application manufacturers in order to tailor optimal IoT solutions for clients
- Quality control of equipment suppliers and vendors
- Preparation of new technical and technological solutions
- Consulting and education for users
- Project management
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technology science
- 4+ years of proven experience in IoT or similar fields
- Current knowledge of technology capabilities and trends
- An enthusiasm for staying up to date with the latest trends from the industry
- Knowledge of radio communications (wireless technology)
- Knowledge of network technologies
- Knowledge of databases
- Understanding of basic business processes
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with wireless technology
- Experience gained by working with multicultural and global business partners
- Driving license
A few more reasons to apply:
- International and professional business environment, and a friendly team atmosphere
- Opportunity for continuous development and learning through internal seminars, educations and conferences
- Potential to grow within a dynamic team, in a company expanding globally
- A subsidized MultiSport card
- Flexible working hours
- A pet-friendly office
If you are interested in the position, please send us your CV to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your applications!